logo
Banner Image

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Story (and I'm sticking to it!)

To all my blog fans, those who have long ago stopped checking and those who still check once in a while, please accept my sincere regret for not blogging since September 2009.  My story is that, first, I was out of town to the Michigan Municipal League Annual Convention in Kalamazoo, next I was sick with flu, which turned into an allergic reaction to the antibiotics which kept me out of action for several more days, then my computer would not let me blog, specifically I could not post anything to my blog, even though I tried many times.  After exhausting my limited knowledge and going through the "help" menu, I tried to get professional help.  After various unsuccessful attempts with other "tech" gurus, Art Ross came in to my office and fixed the problem in about 30 minutes.  Thank you, Art!

Now, I am so far behind with sharing important information!  I have so much to share that it will take some time to get caught up with everything going on in the City of Rogers City.  Let me start with a quick update of the many projects going on:

     - MSHDA 2007 Facade Project is done.

     - VSCI:  The Market Study, which we called the Economic Opportunity Project is going well.  We have
        had over 100 people participate, and the final report is due out in January 2010.

     - Wayfinding Project is still in planning

     - Erie Street Water Main is done.

     - Third Street Street Lights Project is almost completed.  all the underground work is done and the light
        poles and LED lamps are scheduled for installation before Christmas 2009.

     - Senior Center Paving and Disability Access Project is done.

     - VSCI Facades are almost done; however, cold weather is delaying one masonry project until Spring
        2010.

     - Michigan Main Street Associate Program is on-going.  Rogers City has been granted permission to
        remain in the program for another year.  (More on this later)

     - Rogers City Business Incubator Project is just getting started via the Alpena Regional Incubator.

There is much more to tell, but for now that is all I can post. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

P.S.  Tell your friends my blog is back and Rogers City is movin forward!

No comments: